In BIMStorm Data Independence, we will expand our challenge beyond the planning and preliminary design of a facility. We will explore how that facility’s full lifecycle would be supported through better access to information using the kinds of principles established by SEPS2BIM. This new generation of tools and processes allows for rapid collaborations between many subject matter experts in the building industry.
” The rules are, there are no rules.
We want to encourage experimentation and being controversial.
It is much better to make mistakes in the virtual world than to make them in the real world.
Make a lot of mistakes, make them fast and move on. The truth will emerge”
Kimon Onuma, FAIA
(excerpt from the very first BIMStorm objectives, 2007)
- 4.11.16 – BIMStorm Data Independence Web Site and Sign-Up Launched
- 4.11~7.31.16 – Preparation and Team Building
- 6.9~6.30.16 – SEPS2BIM Webinars
- August 31, 2016 12PM-1PM PDT – Webinar #1 Introduction to BIMStorm Data Independence
- October 2016 – Preparation Webinar #3 – (date to be announced)
(Additional Webinars to be added as needed)
- October 2016 – BIMStorm Prep – (date to be announced)
- October 17-19, 2016 – BIMStorm Presentations / Live Workshop at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington DC
- October 27, 2016 – BIMStorm at the Healthcare and the Built Environment Conference – Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- November 2016 – BIMStorm Data Independence Results Webinar – (date to be announced)
- January 2016 – Presentations at the NIBS Building Innovation 2017 Conference in DC